Delaware State University currently provides our students an array of scholarships. Prospective scholarship recipients may become eligible based upon academic achievement, financial need, group affiliation, or some combination of these factors.
The University works to assist students in meeting their financial needs (Financial Need = Cost of Attendance – Expected Family Contribution). In addition to scholarships, students in need of additional educational funds might consider:
- Contacting businesses, civic organizations, fraternal or religious organizations to ask if they offer scholarships,
- Speaking to high school administrative or counseling staff about available scholarships,
- Contacting a local library for further resource information,
- Researching the World Wide Web for helpful sites such as www.fastweb.com
Please view the Net Price Calculator to see which scholarship you may qualify for.
- Premier Platinum Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship awarded by the University’s Office of Admission to entering full-time, first-year freshmen who are United States citizens on the basis of above superior academic achievement. Full tuition (locked in rate)
- Platinum Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship up to $15,000, awarded by the University’s Office of Admission to entering full-time first-year freshmen who are United States citizens on the basis of superior academic achievement.
- Gold Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship up to $12,000, awarded by the University’s Office of Admission to entering full-time, first-year freshmen who are United States citizens on the basis of outstanding academic achievement.
- Silver Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship up to $9,000, awarded by the University’s Office of Admission to entering full-time first-year freshmen who are United States citizens on the basis of above average academic achievement. Recipients of the Silver Scholarship may also be eligible for an additional grant pending review of their FAFSA.
- DSU Advantage Grant is available on a first-come; first-serve basis to applicants who apply and are accepted to the University. A combination of GPA and test score determines eligibility and award amount between $2,000 to $6,500. Applicants must be full-time, first-year, just out of high school freshmen who are United States citizens. Platinum, Gold, and Silver scholarship recipients are not eligible.
- Visual and Performing Arts Scholarships - Applicants with outstanding talents in music and who would like to be members of the “Approaching Storm” Band or the University Choir may be considered for these scholarships. Auditions are required.
- Other Opportunities - There are numerous outside scholarship opportunities for Delaware State University incoming freshman.
Please note that scholarship candidates are selected from the pool of admission applicants and are evaluated based on their complete academic (GPA and test scores) profile. A scholarship application is not required. Eligibility in no way guarantees awarding. Scholarships are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Financial need is not taken into consideration when awarding merit-based scholarships. Renewal of all scholarships is based on continued achievement of the grade point average (GPA) specified for the scholarship awarded, as well as consecutive full-time enrollment each semester.
Federal and University financial assistance is available only to U.S. citizens and Permanent Residents. Also, please be aware that scholarships, policies, guidelines, and criteria are subject to change without prior notification.