Request a Workshop or Guest Lecture
The Coordinator of Student Accessibility Services (SAS), Ann Knettler-Smith, is available to provide workshops for Faculty and Administrative Staff. Ms. Knettler-Smith is also an experienced presenter and educator and is available to act as a guest lecturer for disability-related content.
Workshops are appropriate for small or large groups and could be held during Department/College meetings or at a standalone time. Guest Lectures would be appropriate for a variety of courses and/or student groups.
Examples of Available Workshops Include:
- Working with Students with Disabilities (adaptable for any department or group)
- Universal Design
- Tutoring Students with Disabilities: Universal Design Approach
- Preparing Students with Disabilities for the College to Career Transition
- Understanding Ableism and Access
- Online Accessibility and Creating Accessible Documents
Examples of Guest Lecture Topics:
- Student Accessibility Services: An Overview (generally brief, 5-10 minutes)
- Superheroes and Victims: Understanding Ableism and Access
- Managing Within the Law: Disability as Diversity in the Workplace
- Disability in Higher Education: Law, Practice, and Resources
Please contact SAS with any questions about potential workshop or lecture content.
Email: aksmith [at] desu.edu
Office: William C. Jason Library, Room 204